For more information on the individual sectoral agreement negotiations, and to view all member bulletins in a sector, select from below:
- Community Health
- Main Public Service
- Community Social Services
- Health Facilities
- Health Science Professionals
Dates & Tables
Negotiations for three agreements have begun:
- The Health Services and Support—Community Subsector (Community Health) agreement is a multi-union agreement covering more than 13,000 BCGEU members. Negotiations opened on Thursday, Feb. 3.
- The Main Public Service agreement covers approximately 31,500 BCGEU members who work for the provincial government. Component tables opened on Jan. 31. Main table negotiations open on Feb. 8.
- The Community Social Services agreement covers more than 11,000 BCGEU members. Negotiations opened on Feb. 2.
Bargaining dates have been set for the other three agreements, all of which are multi-union agreements:
- The Health Facilities and Health Science Professionals agreements, which cover a total of nearly 5,000 BCGEU members, are set for Feb. 11 and Feb. 28 respectively.
- Agreements in the post-secondary sector cover approximately 6,000 BCGEU members. Negotiations for Instructors are set for Feb. 28. Negotiations for support staff are still to be determined.
Key issues for BCGEU members covered by all agreements include:
- Compensation that addresses the rising cost of living, as well as persistent recruitment and retention issues in critical sectors.
- Working conditions that protect the physical, psychological, and mental health of workers.
- Agreement language that respects workers, promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion; and supports the long-term sustainability of the B.C. public service.